‘Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World,’ was the theme of this year’s World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland. Attended by thousands of the world’s top academics, politicians, business and civil society leaders the annual meeting focuses on addressing some of the most pressing issues on today’s global agenda.
Cognizant CEO Brian Humphries led a company delegation who participated in meetings and panel discussions throughout the week. Joining Humphries was Francisco D’Souza, Vice Chairman of the Board, Karen McLoughlin, Chief Financial Officer, DK Sinha President, North America, Malcolm Frank, President, Cognizant Digital Business, and Ben Pring, Vice President and Co-Founder, Cognizant Center for the Future of Work.
With an eye toward WEF’s theme, Cognizant and its media partner for the event, Reuters, held two panels focused on leadership for a sustainable world. The events, which were live streamed, were:
- “Reimagining Leadership in the Digital Age” featured Ben Pring as a panelist and highlighted new research Cognizant conducted with MIT Sloan Management Review. The research report details three categories of existing leadership behaviors, the four distinct mindsets that will help shape leadership in the digital economy and provides recommendations for successful leadership in the digital age. The panel session, facilitated by Reuters, featured speakers from MIT Sloan School and Manpower Group. Click here to watch the recorded session.
- “Inclusion in the Workplace” featured Ben Pring as panelist and focused on primary research, produced in partnership with Microsoft, on gender, generational, geographic and industry perspectives on the importance of creating a workplace culture of belonging. Hosted in conjunction with Reuters, Pring was joined by fellow panelists from The Valuable 500; SF.com; and Manpower Group. Click here to watch the recorded session.
Cognizant leaders were also featured speakers in these sessions:
- D’Souza presided over his second meet-up of business leaders from the IT and Electronic Governor’s Community; he was joined by Humphries.
- Frank participated in a private session about using data responsibly to advance digital business;
- Pring shared his thoughts on the greatest story of our time: AI at a SwissCognitive panel.
- Frank was also on the NY Times debate stage, discussing self-regulation of the tech industry while Pring discussed AI and the Future of Work with Techonomy.
To read more about Cognizant’s contributions to this year’s WEF, click here.