Cognizant’s Center for the Future of Work (CFoW) published its newest report, From/To; Everything You Wanted to Know About the Future of Your Work But Were Afraid to Ask. The report examines the most powerful technological, business and societal trends that the Center sees impacting the present and immediate future of work, noting where work has come from; and where it is headed.
The report covers 42 ideas organized around five main themes:
- The Way We Work: How we do what we do.
- The Tools of Work: The apps, systems, networks, tools and processes that we use to work.
- The Aesthetics of Work: What work looks like; how it feels.
- The Issues with Work: When and why work is work.
- The Meaning of Work: What gets us out of bed and makes us proud.
Ranging across technologies, business models and demographics, the Center outlines what it considers the most important trends that will change what people do and how they do it.
“Futures are always a reaction to the present; tomorrow is always a judgment on today. By training a microscope on how we work now, we can try to figure out how we’re going to work when this day is done,” writes Ben Pring, Vice President, Director of Cognizant’s Center for the Future of Work. “Whether you’re excited by the future or fearful, this is no time to not be paying attention. The future of your work is changing — this report is your field guide.”
Click here to read the report.